When it comes to ecommerce software, Bigcommerce is easily amongst the best. However, even with its flexibility, Bigcommerce isn’t going to be the platform that everyone is willing to work with. This leaves entrepreneurs scouring the internet for the best Bigcommerce alternatives.
Their platform isn’t hard to work with, but some users may prefer a more simple solution like Shopify. Due to its flexibility and extensive list of built in features, finding an alternative to Bigcommerce isn’t going to be a walk in the park.
Regardless of the reason you’re looking to switch, I’ve chosen a few platforms that you might want to consider looking at.
Top Bigcommerce alternatives
- Price: $9 to $179 per month
- Products: Unlimited
- Bandwidth: Unlimited
- Transaction Fees: Waived or up to 2%
If you’re looking for simple, Shopify the platform for you. You’ll be able to launch a fully functional online store within minutes of signing up. However, their platform limits certain features.
What Shopify does better than Bigcommerce?
- Shopify has a much quicker store setup, configuration, and launch process.
- Their platform has a larger external app store that’s capable of integrating with additional features.
- Shopify is about 50% cheaper than Bigcommerce.
- Over 200,000 online stores trust Shopify for their online business – that doubles Bigcommerce.
- There are more developers.
[maxbutton name=”Try Shopify”]
- Price: $9.99 to $99.99 per month
- Products: 25 to unlimited
- Bandwidth: 2,000 to 50,000 monthly visits
- Transaction Fees: None
If you believe in marketing, look no further than 3dcart. Their platform is feature-rich and tries to be very competitive with Bigcommerce. It even offers some enticing free perks that you won’t find on Bigcommerce.
What 3dcart does better than Bigcommerce?
- Their platform offers an array of built-in marketing related features such as gift registry, reward system, affiliate program, and tell-a-friend referral program.
- 3dcart enables customers to split up an order and ship it to multiple shipping addresses.
- Their product images feature the latest 3dzoom technology that allows customers to view selected products up close.
- 3dcart will give you a free domain name with any of their monthly packages.
- There’s a 15% discount on all annual subscription packages.
[maxbutton name=”Try 3dcart”]
- Price: $39.99 to $199.99 per month
- Products: 300 to unlimited
- Bandwidth: 2 GB to unlimited
- Transaction Fees: None
I’ve seen CoreCommerce being labelled as Bigcommerce’s younger sibling. While that may be a fairly accurate description, CoreCommerce has some minor things to work on before it can be a true Bigcommerce competitor. Nonetheless, if Bigcommerce doesn’t work for you, CoreCommerce might be what you’ve been looking for.
What CoreCommerce does better than Bigcommerce?
- CoreCommerce packages don’t have s restriction on any of its core ecommerce features.
- Their platform offers 100 free ecommerce themes and button packs.
- Their platform supports multiple languages and currencies.
- CoreCommerce enables your customers to ship to multiple addresses.
- The platform is fully integrated with a phone ordering system and a point of sale system.
[maxbutton name=”Try CoreCommerce”]
Is Shopify the best Bigcommerce alternative?
It shouldn’t be a secret but I’m a huge supporter of Bigcommerce. I’ve had tremendous success with their platform and so have all of my clients.
I also know that there are exceptions to everything and there isn’t one platform that’s going to have everything that you need and are looking for.
With that being said, I strongly believe that Shopify is the next Bigcommerce, only a more simplified platform for ecommerce. Don’t get me wrong, Shopify might even be a better platform in certain occasions. The other two platforms, 3dcart and CoreCommerce, are good alternatives as well.
I recommend trying each platform for free before committing long-term. You don’t want to be in the same exact spot in a few months looking for other alternatives.
Anyways, here are free trial links that you can use for each platform being discussed on this page: